Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh So Busy


I have been so behind on updating this blog and I am sorry. There has been so much going on. The day after my last post was my DGS Kyle's brthday. This is a picture of the card I made for him using papers from the Everyday Celebration kit and stamps from the August SOTM, It's Your Day. I had some medical things to attend to, nothing too extra- ordinary, but still time-consuming. Then my father had carpal tunnel surgery and needed to rehab at a local nursing home. I took him to the hospital for his surgery and then to the nursing home. I got him settled in his room, had supper with him and then he dismissed me to go home for the night. I quickly packed my suitcase and rolling scrap tote and after visiting him briefly the next morning left for the Regional Conference for Close To My Heart in Minneapolis. I came home from there absolutely exhausted and stiff and sore from driving, darn arthritis! I had only had a chance to barely catch my breath when I got a call asking me if I would like have a vendor's table at a 12 hour crop taking place on Oct. 24th. If you are in the Omaha area, it is a very good deal - $15 for a table all to yourself, and at least for this first monthly crop, includes lunch AND supper. Email me at MotherG1@aol.com if you would like the contact number to reserve a spot. I have been trying to finish up my swaps (Christmas gift tags) so that I could concentrate on some displays, kits, and make-and-takes for that crop. Dad came home from the nursing home two days ago, declaring that it had been FUN. He so enjoyed being waited on, and joking around with the staff and other rehab'ing patients, not to mention being fed 3 squares a day. He gained 3 pounds in 10 days! But he is glad to be home with his cats again. All of us kids are just so thankful that he seemed to breeze through the surgery and nursing home visit so well. He has come so far since last year at this time. Soon I will post some of the projects from Minneapolis and some of the swaps I have made. In the meantime, back to my scrap desk to my many waiting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment