Friday, November 6, 2009



A few weeks ago, I was able to accompany my granddaughter's First grade class on a field trip to Vala's Pumpkin Patch, a well-known local attraction. The teachers paired up a few children with an adult and set us all loose. I had my granddaughter and one of her classmates. Their favorite part was the pumpkin smashing dragon. We got to go out to the field on a hayrack ride so the children could pick their own pumpkin, ride a train, and other fun activities. The only bad part was that it had been raining for several days and was gray and misty that day so it was quite muddy. I felt so sorry for the people that had to clean the buses and for the school janitor that had to deal with the muddy footprints as the children returned to school - but I was thankful I didn't have my granddaughter kicking the back of my car seat on the way home!






No comments:

Post a Comment