Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Susan Boyle 'I Dreamed a Dream'

I played the U-tube of Susan Boyle singing on Britian's talent show so many times my family hated it. Can anyone who watched it forget Simon's widened eyes and quirk of the eyebrows? I was so moved by her story. Here is a middle-aged, frumpy, frizzy-haired woman who is rocketed to fame by her incredible, undiscovered talent. Just maybe, some one person will look past the surface appeal and discover what hidden talents another person possesses. But, anyway, I received Susan's CD for Christmas and have just tonight opened it and popped it into my computer. Wow! While I think her original rendition of 'I Dreamed a Dream' may have been better (but maybe that was because of the surprise factor of the video), there are some great songs on this CD and not a single hint of frumpiness in the singing!! I love the message behind 'Who I was Born to Be'. I have to think that I, too, am just who I was born to be. A daughter, a wife, a pretty good nurse, the best mother I knew how to be, a 'great' grandmother (according to my grandchildren), a person who shows her creative abilities in the crafts (counted cross stitch, quilting, papercrafting and others) I do. This CD is going to be one of my favorites and I can unequivocally recommend it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment