Monday, March 26, 2012

Omaha Leadershare Operation Smile auction

This last weekend my 2nd upline, Shari Froemming and her best friend Julie sponsored a Close to My Heart Leadershare event here in Omaha. Three top execs from corporate came and lectured and provided the materials for cards and a layout. It was attended by 105 consultants including myself. One of the events was a live auction with the proceeds going to CTMH's favorite charity, Operation Smile, which provides free facial reconstructive surgery around the world. Shari encouraged us all to donate an item for the auction. I decided to make this centerpiece, using our Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut out the 225 flowers necessary to cover a 7.5 inch foam ball . I also made the table topper with fabric I had on hand that reminded me of our spring paper kit, Stella.
There were some wonderful items for the auction. I was so very thrilled and astounded as the bidding on my project kept going up and up and up! This group of 105 consultants ended up donating $1100 for the auction items - almost 5 operations paid for (and I am sure the open donation box more than added the rest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment