Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Cards for my Ladies

I am continuing to lead card classes at the assisted living home.  While all of the ladies love the cards we make, several of them refuse to send them out because they like them too much.  One lady told me she has a large box full of them. I honestly can't tell you how long I have done this, maybe 4 or more years, but that's got to be about 150 cards she has accumulated. WOW!  Anyway here are the 3 from September's class.  I guess I was in a diecut kind of mood as they each use a different one of Close To My Heart's new Thin Cut dies. A Thin Cut is a metal die that is meant to be used in the Cuddlebug, Big Shot, Big Kick or some other die-cutting machine.CTMH is a great source for these dies and many are matched to stamps sets. Using a die-cut instead of hand cutting images is a timesaver and gives a certain amount of uniformity when making multiple cards.

This Halloween card uses the Cats & Bats Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts set (Z4040.)  It is easy to see the cat, but there is also a bat towards the upper left. I did cut the bat by hand but the black shadow is the die cut. The large background stamp is retired CTMH and the green Halloween paper is from my (non-CTMH) stash.

This fall card uses one of my favorite Thin Cuts from the current Seasonal Expressions mini catalog, Leaf (Z4035.)  It is 2 dies, one for the background leaf and one for the veins and outline. This card pattern was inspired by a fellow consultant. I found a 6x6 paper pad with lovely fall colors in my stash for the two big strips, the sentiment stamp, brown strip, and banner are retired CTMH.

 I used the Beary Christmas Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts (Z4046) for this Christmas card and copied the card pattern from the Beary Christmas Workshops Your Way instructions. The patterned paper, including the green backgound paper, is from my stash, but the gold stripe is Gold Shimmer Trim (Z1985) and is a current CTMH product.
I will try to get the August cards posted some time soon.  I think you will like them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment