Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Long past time to update

I can't believe that it has been so long since I updated my blog. Bad me! Since the last update my DGS Kyle and I have visited with my sister in Little Rock and school has started again (It is rather nice to have the house quiet for several hours a day.) Kyle and I had a great time at my sister's. We spent some of each day swimming in her pool and some touring the area. One of the exciting things for Kyle was taking the tour of the USS Razorback, a submarine purchased by the town of North Little Rock. It served in the US Navy from 1944 to 1952, was recommissioned in 1954 and served until 1970, then sold to Turkey, where it served until 2002. Let me tell you it is close quarters inside that "sewer pipe" as my DH calls them and no fun to fit this robust body down the hatch and then up again. But I made it without getting stuck to the surprise of my DH.

Another really cheap thing we did was to ride the trolley. It only cost $1 each for the round trip and we saw the Clinton Library among other sites, and rode across the Arkansas River to North Little Rock. There was running commentary the whole way and it was really SO worth the money - and it was air conditioned! This is a picture of my sister and Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment