Saturday, April 18, 2015

Jackson card

This is a card I made for our CTMH Gotta Stamp Crew unit swap.  I used the new Jackson paper pack (which is a great outdoors, masculine paper set), a bulk card base, and cut images from the CTMH Cricut cartridges Artiste and Artbooking.  I also used buttons and a brad from retired CTMH embellishments.  I saw this card on Pinterest when I was searching for Artiste inspiration, the original creator is Karen Day https://www.pinterest.com/pin/206461964140216109/.


Supplies:
Patterned paper 2.5 x 5 inches and 5.25 x 5.5 inches 
Cricut cut bow tie - Artiste 0.80 inches, page 55, accent 3 (#M3B8BO for the Cricut Design Space)
Cricut cut name badge - Artbooking, page 68, icon both non-shift and shift 2.25 inches (width) x 1.62 inches (height) (#M447AB will import both base and badge together into Design Space)

Instructions:

Name badge: Import the image into Design Space and size as indicated.  Unattach the layers.  Using  the Hide Contour feature, hide the letters H E L L O.  Then, using a text box, replace them with the letters H A P P Y.  I used the Art Philosophy font, but you could use your favorite. Size the text box to fit on the badge layer and ATTACH them.  If you are not working with Design Space, you can do the same thing in the Cricut Craft Room.  I then used the Artbooking font in another text box and the WRITE function to print 'birthday' on the badge base.  Again, size to fit and attach.  (I LOVE the write function on the Explore, especially since I have acquired pens that work well)  You could use an appropriately sized stamp if not using the Explore.) 

Fold the smaller piece of patterned paper in half lengthwise and adhere   Fold the top edge back from the non folded corner to 1 7/8 inches from the bottom.  Do not completely flatten the fold.  Adhere the folded section. Trim off the part that sticks out.  

Fold back 1.75 inches lengthwise on the larger piece and adhere.  Fold this piece from the inside corner of the fold to 2 inches from the bottom.  Do not completely flatten the fold.  Adhere it just at the corner.  Adhere the smaller piece to the left side of the card base, then adhere the larger piece, matching it to the right side of the base.  There should be about a 1/2 inch overlap.

Assemble the bow tie and name badge and adhere them and the buttons.

1 comment:

  1. This card is SO adorable! Also I am grateful for the instructions with the Cricut Design Space. I am such a newby on the Explore. I find mysefl going back to my Cricut Create all the time because I hate how slow Design Space is--I have no patience when it comes to programs that take forever to refesh their views. Anyway I am so grateful to your most excellent instructions!!

    ReplyDelete