Friday, June 5, 2009

Just in case...

you thought that all I was going to use this blog for was CTMH advertising, here are a few of the other things I've been working on lately. These items are for swaps on the Cricut board. The first is for a Veterans' Day tag swap. I had been looking for a reason to use my Soldier stamp. I am so proud of my son who was serving in the Army in Iraq when he was critically wounded. I bought this Paper Inspirations stamp quite a while ago with him in mind. The picture on the info side of my blog is of his new baby girl who is now just a month and a half old. (I need to post a newer picture, she is a beautiful baby - of course, I am not biased at all!) The ATC (Artist Trading Card) in the middle is for a color challenge swap. We had to use at least 3 shades of our chosen color and no other colors. I chose black, two shades of gray, and a black and gray patterned paper. And when I think of gray, I think elephant! That is one of the Life's a Jungle stamps from (guess who?) - CTMH. The third one is for the tag swap again, this time the theme is Fall. Designing this was more difficult for me, but once I got started, it went together pretty quickly. The toughest part was cutting out the leaves. But I used the magnifier of my Dazor lamp (I mostly use it for my counted cross-stitching) and an episode of CSI and it was done. The leaf stamp and the word FALL are stamps from Clear Stamps that I think I got from Archiver's.

No comments:

Post a Comment