Sunday, July 28, 2013

Stitching Progress July 27

Today I opted to play with paper all day at The Crop Room with Jennifer Bennett, another CTMH consultant, rather than go stitch.  But that doesn't mean I haven't made some progress.  I have finished my Small Sampler #4 except for the little woven flowers and one apple that I don't have the right color thread.  I don't like stitching that goes nowhere and these flowers wrap over and under spokes going around and around and around and around...  You get the idea.  So I will order the floss and finish these flowers at home where I can be distracted by the TV.

The Mary Smithies sampler has seen just a little progress, I had to "frog" (rip-it, rip-it) a couple of letters -- a couple of times!

I have added another Thursday project.  It is the Catherine Louisa Chamberlain sampler (1844) reproduced by Threads Through Time.  I don't remember when I started this but I didn't have much stitched.  It is on 25 count linen so will be easy to do at the shop.  I also don't have any idea why I started at the bottom, it is not my usual practice and is a bit more difficult.  This was a kit that included pattern, fabric and threads and there is not a lot of contrast between the thread color and fabric for most of it.  

Well, keep on checking my progress.  I will certainly try to make some!


No comments:

Post a Comment